Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Gym buddies

Craft festival season has begun, so I am now working part time at my day job, working full time on my business, and trying to get in time at the gym. Did I mention I am doing art shows and festivals on the weekends?! It has been hectic, but I am finally getting into a groove.

During the first show, a friend of mine came to help me out and keep me company. She many similar issues, and her and her hubby are working on getting in shape and eating better as well. During our conversation, we asked each other what gyms we have we have been going to- SURPRISE!!- They have been going to MY gym for several months! With my erratic schedule, we have been completely missing each other!

They go every other day, and I have joined up with them. 45 minutes of weights, 30 minutes cardio. I am also back to logging EVERYTHING using the "Lose It" app on my phone, and the website. It is by far my favorite! Everything I scan is in the database, I earn badges for keeping on with it, I can join challenges to keep me motivated, and it is very easy to use! Love it! After today's weigh in, I lost two pounds in the past 2 weeks. Yay me! I am still stuck around the 184 mark though. It just seems impossible sometimes. But my friend has lost 40 lbs using their exercise regimen, so I am going to stick with it and hopefully it works for me too.

Working out with some one else is also way more fun than going by myself. We talk and joke between sets, so time goes much quicker! I have been doing the elliptical, but I hopped on the treadmill next to hers, and a half hour FLEW by! I could have kept going and going tonight!

My husband has been going to the gym by himself after he gets off work (he goes to a different one than I do), and he tracks his food and exercise with a different program than what I use, but he has lost 28 pounds in 6 weeks! I'm so proud of him! This is the least he has weighed in several years! He is now down to about 250.

No comments:

Post a Comment